When your institution partners with the academic and professional honor society dedicated exclusively to the entire Homeland Security Enterprise, your students will stand out…
Distinctive Benefits for your Students:
- We provide national recognition of superior academic achievement (the honor society acts as the unifying voice of our academic discipline).
- We provide a national forum for the best educated people in our field to share thoughts and opinions on issues of primary concern throughout our discipline.
- We provide an opportunity for high-achieving individuals to network and build new relationships/partnerships with people throughout the many fields of our discipline.
- We provide an academic mechanism for maintaining our industry as a recognized profession.
Exclusive Benefits for your Institution:
- Your school will be recognized as an “industry benchmark” for educating academically superior students in the Homeland Security Academic Discipline.
- Your school will be considered a provider of superior academic programs, just as some of the major colleges and universities who have already earned chapters from us. To date, students from more than 90 academic institutions (including 46 officially sanctioned academic chapters) have earned our academic distinction.
- We encourage advanced learning and provide an incentive for students to pursue continued education.
- Top scholastic student members will be introduced to your organization and see firsthand your dedication and commitment to academic excellence.
- Earning a chapter from our Society will position your institution as a lead voice in your academic field. You will have a say in model academic program development as our Society becomes a provider of model program consultation.
We view our Society as the “gateway” for academic excellence across the entire Homeland Security Enterprise. As an honor society, we want to continue our growth. To date, we are planning to expand our mission into other exciting areas, such as:
- Center for Teaching Excellence supporting the Homeland Security Academic Discipline.
- National depository of college curriculum, model industry programs, best practices, and industry standards.
- Sponsorship of meetings and conferences with opportunities for speaking engagements, paper presentations, and group forums.
Our current listing of chapters and independent inductions include:
Official Academic Chapters
- Adelphi University
- American Military University/American Public University
- Angelo State University
- Bellevue University
- Campbell University
- Coastal Carolina University
- Columbia Southern University
- Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security***
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Farmingdale State College - SUNY
- Immaculata University
- LeTourneau University
- Long Island Business Institute
- MacMurray College
- Medaille College
- Mercyhurst College
- Mitchell College
- Monmouth University
- National University
- New Jersey City University
- Northeastern University
- Notre Dame College
- Oakland City University
- Pacific Union College
- Pennsylvania State University
- Point Park University
- Sam Houston State University
- San Diego State University
- Sheridan College
- St. John's University - Founding Chapter
- SUNY Canton
- Thomas Edison State University
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Western Michigan University
- Tidewater Community College
- Towson University
- Tulane University
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Mississippi
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas El Paso
- University of the District of Columbia
- Vincennes University
- Waldorf University
- Westminster College (Fulton, MO)
- DRI International
- The International Society for Preparedness, Resilience, and Security
- The Loss Prevention Foundation
***Conditional approval pending accreditation.
For Prospective Students and Professionals Seeking Application for Induction
Chapters of the Order of the Sword & Shield
The Academic and Professional Honor Society for Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency Management, and all Protective Security Disciplines.
Order of the Sword & Shield National Honor Society